Together Hurunui is an extensive network of social services operating within the Hurunui.
By identifying gaps in service delivery and advocating for these services, the network is helping to create a more connected community that can readily access services needed for well-being and to strengthen its core vision of:
“All people in Hurunui are valued and connected.”
- Coordinates a bi-monthly network meeting that promotes dialogue and connections between the social service agencies operating in Hurunui district
- Identifies gaps in social service provision in Hurunui and supports projects, services and initiatives to meet these needs
- Maintains a database of all social services operating in the Hurunui
- Provides regular communication and updates to the wider network
- Facilitates and/or implements projects that enhance well-being and social connectivity in Hurunui
Together Hurunui Governance Group
A governance group was appointed by the Together Hurunui network to provide strategic direction, leadership and information to guide the Project Facilitator in their role.
Governance group appointees represent the district’s geographical spread and interests and consists of elected members and a Hurunui District Council Representative.
- Marie Black: Chairperson and Hurunui District Mayor
- Sandy Honeybone: Barnardos, Social Worker
- Sharon Davie-Martin: Rural Women New Zealand
- Stephen Beck: Principal, Hurunui College
- Rob Ellis: NZ Police Waikari
- Susie Milne: Next Steps Facilitator
- Arni Smit: Rural Support Trust
- Rebecca Pugh: Youth Development Coordinator, Hurunui Youth Programme
- Rhea Duffy: Hurunui District Council Representative
- Natalie Paterson: Together Hurunui Facilitator